Below are links to several of my blog posts that document many of the benefits for using Twitter (social media in general) in the high school classroom. Some of the links also show the steps myself and others took in our school district to encourage the unblocking of Twitter.
- Benefits of Social Media in class. – http://wp.me/p17e1J-5Z vine instagram twitter
- Twitter finally unblockd in my school district. http://wp.me/p17e1J-5y includes benefits to students and the process I went through to keep pushing the district.
- This Google Hangout On Air was only possible because of the connections I was able to make on twitter. http://wp.me/p17e1J-4s
- Twitter can provide on the spot connection with experts http://wp.me/p17e1J-3A
- You might concider sitting down with the super and show them the benefits by hand – if you have the time. – This is what I would show them http://wp.me/p17e1J-38 3 ways to use twitter. Without an account, with an accout, with an account and actually tweeting.
- Points for trying to convince my district to unblock Twitter. http://wp.me/p17e1J-2h – there is a chance you have already covered these topics with your higher-ups but thought it might help anyway.