If you have attempted to get your students sign up for Twitter accounts at the beginning of the school year in class you know that it can be a huge pain.
Some of the problems include…
- Verify the account with a phone number when the students already had an account linked to that phone number
- Limiting confirmation to phone number, some students don’t have cell phones, there is no confirmation through e-mail.
- On the rare chance you can use email confirmation…..
- Twitter will tell you the email account is already being used when it actually had never been used for Twitter.
- Twitter not allowing multiple signups from the IP address.
We realize the problems listed above are safety measures to prevent Twitter bots and computers from making mass accounts to spam all of us. But we are still hoping to find solutions to the problems before we start the new school year.
If we collect solutions that work, we will post them here.